Sunday, March 18, 2012

This made a difference for me

One day, my friend Mike sent me this picture
I don't know where he got it from so I cannot give photo or personal credit to whomever came up with it
But it is BRILLIANT
And it helped me realize that it is true
If I have a great ATTITUDE, I can do it
But if I don't, I won't succeed
KNOWLEDGE and HARDWORK is not enough
I need to be willing to change my ATTITUDE about weight loss
I cannot look for easy ways out
The easiest part about the whole weight thing was gaining it
The food I shoved in my face took very little thought
That is the same food that sat like a rubber tire around my waist
That is the same food that made it hard for me to do things with my kids
That is the same food that was going to take my life if I didn't start to take myself seriously

Everyday will be a fight to change my ATTITUDE
I had to realize that I was worth any amount of work it would take to lose the weight
I had to realize that there are no easy ways out
I have often thought that I was not worth those changes
It is easy to think poorly of yourself when you feel the way you do and look as horrible as you feel
I had to change my ATTITUDE and realize that I AM worth it, even if I felt like I was faking it
Now that I have lost weight, I realize that I AM worth losing the weight
Not so I am skinny
Not so I lose my rubber tire around my waist
Not so I want to be in pictures

But because I am human and I have value on this earth
It took me years to realize that

No comments: