Friday, March 16, 2012

219.7

I do not know what some people think of that number
I hated it
It was the heaviest I got
Some people have said "Oh it's not that bad"
When you are 5 foot nothing, it's not good

The scale was not my friend for a long time
To be honest, I expected to lose a lot of weight when I quit drinking diet coke
I didn't and that bugged me
I guess I was looking for the easy way to lose weight
No dice
I thought I would lose weight when I quit eating deep fried foods
I mean I was changing my diet again for the better and there was a bit of a change
I still was not DOING what I needed to be doing
I should have been eating more veggies
I should have been drinking more water
I should have been paying attention to portion sizes

In December I started having issues with maybe kidney stones, something like that, not sure really
The Doc sent me to get a ultrasound of my kidneys
I got a pretty big wake up call when I found out I have Fatty Liver Disease
I was most definitely NOT thinking of that
In fact, I had never heard of it before
I was about a week away from going to Alaska before I found out and since I knew I would have a lot of time on my hands, I planned to do a bunch of research

It have to take care of myself if I want to live
I have to take care of this liver of mine
I have a fatty liver because I am fat
I am mal-nourished and my body needs nourishment
We all KNOW these things but when you are trying to fill that void, you don't care what your body "needs
You do what you want

All of a sudden, I felt a strong sense of needing to take care of myself and this liver of mine
And my mental health
Because when I take care of one, I am taking care of the other

I hope to never see 219.7 on the scale
It will take hard work
It will take dedication
It will take working out in the gym
It will take putting down the food that I so want but know is not going to nourish me
I can do it

No comments: