Thursday, March 8, 2012

So I wanted to start this blog in 2010
My weight climbed from there
And showed no signs of stopping
I really wanted to lose weight
Just really didn't know HOW to and was scared to ask
Why scared
I don't know, maybe pride
Losing weight is scary
My over eating reasons are scary
But changes had to be made
So they were, one small step at a time
That's all you can do
Changes were being made before I realized that I HAD to make them

In August 2010 I made some flippant remark on my Facebook about loving diet coke
My cousin challenged me to give it up 
She said she would give up ice cream until Christmas too
Give it up until Christmas
NO WAY
Then I thought about it and thought, "I can do it in a month"
So I started weaning myself from diet coke
That may sound pitiful but it NEEDED to happen
When you drink 6-8 cans a day of it, I felt I needed to wean myself
I was rarely drinking water
Sept 15th, 2010 was the last day I drank any diet coke
By that time I was down to 3 diet coke a day and 3 glasses of  milk then water
Oh my goodness, the headaches were ATROCIOUS
It was like that for about a week
Whenever I thought about going back to it, I thought of the headaches and it was easy to not drink it
I went until Christmas and then kept pushing myself
"Just a little bit further" I would tell myself.
Now it has been almost 18 months

Giving up that one thing that was "so important to me" taught myself I can do things I never thought I could
I never thought I could do it but for me, it has worked

No comments: