Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Irritated

I never thought I would say this but I am irritated
This is kind of a multiple irritation

On Facebook, there are people on garage sales groups who get on and sell "Quick fixes" for weight loss
"Wraps that will make you skinny"
"drops you put in your water so you don't want to eat"
"This shake or that shake that will fill you up"
This never really irritated me before
I think it's because before I REALLY wanted to get healthy, I am someone who would have bought it
So I am irritated with my old self

But then I get irritated with people who think that that is all they have to do to lose weight
I get irritated with the sellers

I had to come to a realization on my own that it took me a LONG time to gain this weight, it's going to take me a while to lose it
It's been creeping up on me since my teens
There is no such thing as a miracle pill that will take your weight off of you in a month
If there is something out there that will do that for you, it's not healthy for you
Chances are it will cause more damage than good in the long run

In this whole weight loss journey I am blessed to have people who support me
I have people who are willing to give me food tips
A trainer who is willing to push me
I have kids who are willing to get out there and go for a walk with me or be willing to be my weight resistance
Mr. M who buys me healthy food and gym passes (Well he does not BUY them for me, just does not complain about the cost)
Friends and family who encourage me along the way.

No comments: